Greetings all my relations,
It is a great day to be studying this sacred record written by the hand of our beloved Prophet MorHonayah (Angel Moroni).
The Record of MorHonayah
The Son of Mormon
1) And behold, the people met again in council to choose someone to sit in the seat of the high priest of Mentinah, and they deliberated long on the matter.
And when they had fasted and prayed, behold, they cast the lot upon Minoet, the daughter of Shedet.
2) And Minoet called a Council of the Peli of the city of Mentinah for the purpose of making a regulation of the church.
And she counseled them to find out the will of the Lord by revelation, and also the will of the people, as to how the church ought to be managed.
3) And she did also search the archives and made a record
of all the ordinances and ceremonies then in use by the Nemenhah
to make plain who was to administer them
and how they were to be administered.
And she did request of the people that they inquire of the Lord in all things, that the people might once again be brought into unity.
4) And these are the ordinances that are being administered to the Nemenhah at this time.
And I do include them in my record.
5) Behold, the Ordinance of the Blessing of the Newborn Children,
or Unchi-im, is made by the parents of the child, or one from among the family or friends of the child who has been designated to act in the office of Peli for them.
And this ordinance is not a saving grace, but is a tradition and a custom among the
6) And the Ordinance of the Blessing of Children,
or Unchi-Aht, is made as often as the parents deem necessary and it is done by the parents or the Peli.
And this ordinance is not a saving grace, but is a good tradition and a custom of the Nemenhah.
7) And when a young person has received a remission of their sins, they are baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
And this ordinance is made by the parent or the Peli.
And this baptism is called Unchi Ahm Aht Ahm, and it is a saving grace.
By it we do betoken that we have become in all ways the Lord’s and that He has washed us clean of all iniquity.
Wherefore, let all people repent and be baptized.
And the young person is straightly charged to receive the Holy Ghost.
8) And when a person wishes to renew any good thing and continue clean in the eyes of the Lord, they participate in the Unipi and the Itsipi,
after the manner of the Ammonites.
And the Peli shall perform the ordinances as dictated by the Holy Ghost.
And this is a saving grace, but it is not required for all people.
9) And at any time that a new thing is confirmed, they do repeat the Unshi Ahm Aht Ahm.
And this is done
And this is done by the family and in the company of friends to demonstrate with an ordinance and a token every new emergence out of the natural state of man.
10) And when a person has received the commission of the Lord by revelation,
and reports the same unto their parent, they are made Peli.
And this is done by the laying on of hands.
If the person is a young man, this priesthood is conferred upon him and he receives a blessing and an ordination.
If the person is a young woman, she receives a blessing and an ordination.
And this priesthood is the Order of Levi and it is received by all who shall perform public ordinances, but behold, it is not a saving grace.
Nevertheless, the Lord has given it and He desires that it be done in this manner.
11) And when any person is called up to do a public service unto the people, behold the Peli does take that person and, laying hands upon them, gives a blessing and an ordination to the calling.
And this is done in public or in private, and all the people sustain the calling.
12) And the people meet often to participate in the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper, which they do call Manna.
And it is an ordinance that is made by the Peli, as the scriptures do instruct and according to the guidance and the direction of the Holy Ghost.
And behold, it is a saving grace, wherefore, the people do meet together often to receive of it.
13) And the people also make this ordinance in their homes.
And when the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper is made in the home, they seek the commission of the Lord in it each time.
14) And when a new house or public building is constructed, the Peli does pronounce a blessing upon the place to make it holy ground.
And this is done by the direction of the Holy Ghost, but it is not a saving grace.
15) And when a field is broken, the same is done as for a new house.
And also when a field is harvested, the same is done.
16) And the priests and the Peli do offer up a sacred smoke of incense, and the people do this also as families.
Yea, and even as individuals, we do offer up a sweet smoke and a sweet smell unto the Lord.
And this we do with all our prayers and in all our oblations and ordinances.
And this semblance of the ancient temple of our fathers we do preserve in honor of all those whose prayers have risen up unto heaven in our behalf.
But it is not a saving grace and is not required for salvation’s sake.
Notwithstanding, we make this offering out of the honor that we feel for the sacrifices of those who have gone before us and for the gifts that they passed on to us.
17) Now, the ordinances of the High Place are administered to the people through the office of the high priest and all the ordinances are made by the Peli.
And the high priest shall manage the affairs of the temple so that all might go there freely and receive of the ordinances.
And these ordinances are saving grace, wherefore, all the people do go up to the High Place and receive of them.
18) And the high priest may call men and women to be priests and teachers.
And when this is done, they are taken aside and hands are laid upon them, and they are ordained unto these callings.
19) And behold, the Peli do choose a Council of thirteen from among them and they do confer upon them the priesthood of Melchizedek, even after the pattern given by the Lord.
And they do this upon receiving the commission of the Lord by revelation.
And in this way, the council that He appointed is preserved.
And behold, it is out of this council that the people do choose and call up their high priests.
And behold, every city does this same thing.
20) And when a man is called up to this council, he is taken aside by the whole council and this priesthood is conferred upon the man
and he is ordained an high priest by the laying on of hands.
And when a woman is called up to this council, she is also taken aside by the council and she is ordained an high priest by the laying on of hands.
But behold, this order of priesthood is not conferred upon her,
for she has it already of the Mother.
Wherefore, how may we confer it?
21) And behold, the people choose from among this council who shall be high priest of the city.
And, upon the election, the council does take the one elected,
be they man or woman,
and they do lay hands upon the elected and ordain them high priest of the city.
22) Now, these are the ordinances of the priesthood, and they are for the edification of the people.
to be continued cj…