Peace to all this beautiful day,
Continuing where we left off with the temple endowment as contained in The Book of The High Place Vol 2; The Ancient Nemenhah Records…as taught by The Prophet Ougou, under the post of seek the Lord’s face…Chapter 3…
1) Narrator:The assembly is now instructed as to the purpose of the preparatory priesthood. The Speaker asks if any man has not had this priesthood conferred on them. If any man says he has not, he is taken aside and the priesthood is conferred. The men token or symbol of the preparatory priesthood. They are instructed in the Sacred Directions of the Pipe Ceremony.
2) Narrator:This is the name and token of the preparatory priesthood, or Levitial Priesthood. The person giving the token raises the right hand above the head, with his arm to the square and thumb extended, and says the words, “Oh! Wah-hiay-kin Ougou! Oh! Wah-hiay-kin Nemenhimen Hay-min-ay! Oh! Wahhiay-kin Mayn-ish-tay-nah! Oh Wah-hiay-kin So-hil-stay-nah!” Which words, being interpreted, mean,
“Oh Spirit, guide me to the good things of the earth! Oh Spirit guide me into the presence of Heavenly Beings! Oh Spirit, I would be able to See Afar Off! Oh Spirit, I would be able to Look Within!”
3) Narrator:The women receive the token also, in remembrance of the priesthood they received of the Mother.
4) Narrator:The ordinances of the preparatory priesthood are explained. These ordinances include the manner in which sacred smoke and the incense of the Temple is administered, the manner in which a family altar is erected, the sweat purification, fasting and prayer, baptism and the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper.
5) Narrator:All the participants adjourn to a place where the Law of Sacrifice is discussed. The man representing Peter leads the discussion.
6) Peter:This is the Sacred Pipe. It is a gift from the Creator. The smoke of the Pipe is a symbol of the prayers and the songs of the Thanksgiving Way. You should give thanks for all the gifts of the Creator and then present the Pipe in a Sacred Manner to the Seven Sacred Directions.
The first Sacred Direction is the Sky. Offer the Pipe to the Father in thanksgiving for all that you have received, all that you do now receive and all that you shall ever receive, and also as a token that you do honor all spiritual things.
The second Sacred Direction is the Earth. Offer the Pipe to the Mother in thanksgiving for all that you have, do and shall receive, and as a token that you honor Her and remember Her, and that you do honor all living things.
The third Sacred Direction is the West. This is the Seeks Council Habitation and represents all that this life may teach you.
The fourth Sacred Direction is the North. This is the Spirit Habitation and represents all that you may receive from Heavenly Beings.
The fifth Sacred Direction is the East. This is the Sees Far Habitation and represents all that you may receive from your Grandfathers and from other Heavenly Messengers.
The sixth Sacred Direction is the South. It is the Looks Within Habitation and must remind you that all that may be learned in mortality must be carefully analyzed and internalized or it is of no use or validity, and that you must have the courage and the commitment to make those changes that need to be made.
The Seventh Sacred Direction is toward your own Heart. Offer the Pipe to yourself in token of your sacred commitment to the Thanksgiving Way.
7) James:There are Sacred Plants which ought to be smoked in the Pipe. They are the Willow, the Sage, the Cedar, Kous, Sweetgrass, Dogwood, and so forth. These herbs prepare the mind, the body and the spirit. Break the herbs up very small and place them in the bowl.
8) John:Light the herbs and draw the smoke up the stem with your mouth. Do not inhale the smoke of the Pipe directly into your lungs, unless your lungs are sick, but expel it from your mouth. Let the smoke mix liberally with elements of the air. Then it may be taken into the lungs blended with the air.
9) Adam:Why are the herbs destroyed in this manner?
10) James:In this sacred manner the spirit of the Sacred Herbs is first given up as it is taken up with the Pipe by all the participants. So also will one of the Sons of Elohim Heavenly Father, the greatest of all, come as a man and He will give up His life for all living. So that they may understand this greatest of sacrifices, we have taught your children to sacrifice.
11) John:Then, just as the smoke of the dead herbs is taken into the bodies of the participants and the mind, body and spirit of all those who partake of it are renewed by it together, so also shall this Man take up His body again and be renewed. In Him shall all living also be renewed.
12) Narrator:At that moment, a furious wind blew through the village and into the Thanksgiving Lodge. This, the Guides told him, was the Holy Ghost, come to them from the presence of God. Through the power of this Spirit, every new thing would be made known to Adam and Eve.
13) Peter:Since it is not required that all people should participate in the Purification of the Ammonihah after the manner of the Itsipi, another method whereby a man and a woman may offer a mete sacrifice unto the Lord is through fasting and sincere prayer. This is the sacred manner in which fasting and prayer are done: Fasting is the abstaining from food and drink for a designated period of time. The abstaining from food and drink places the body in very real danger and constitutes a breaking of the heart. Fasting and Prayer is more than merely abstaining from food and drink, it involves the Lord directly in the sacrifice. The individual invites the Lord and the Holy Ghost into the sacrifice by beginning the fast with sincere prayer. This constitutes a broken heart and a contrite spirit.
14) James:Baptism is an earthly ordinance that is used as a token of repentance, change and emergence. Every time a man or a woman among the household of faith makes a covenant that involves a change over their previous behaviors or beliefs, the covenant is betokened by baptism. The manner of this baptism may be in the Purification of the Ammonihah, or in the manner of the Lord’s baptism, for both are covenant tokens that He has deemed acceptable. The Purification of the Ammonihah has already been explained to you. The ordinance of Baptism is administered in the following manner:
15) John:Ougou 1:60-66 Behold, thou whom My servant has anointed, shall take hold of them and lead them into the water and stand in the water with them, and when thou art down in the water thou shalt call them by name and say: Having been commanded and set apart by Jesus Christ I baptize you in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
16) John:And this shall you have for doctrine. For all that I teach thee shall testify of the Father and lead thee to the Father. Wherefore, whoso believeth in Me believeth in the Father also. Wherefore, the Holy Ghost, by whom We are one, shall enter into the heart of the believer and shall baptize even with Fire.
17) John:Verily I say unto you, ye must be baptized by water and this by immersion. For even so did I to fulfill righteousness and to become an ensample unto you. This is the covenant of the body, the beginning of the testament, even the door that opens onto the strait and narrow path which leads unto life eternal.
18) John:Wherefore, whoso believeth and is baptized by water shall begin upon the road that gives onto the Way.
19) John:Now, after that you have baptized them thou shalt lay thine hands upon them and bless them and sharply exhort them to receive the Holy Ghost. And if they offer unto Me a sacrifice mete for repentance, even a contrite and humble spirit, My Father will bestow upon them the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Wherefore, the baptism of water is your declaration of the covenant and the baptism of fire is My Father’s declaration that they shall endure to the finishing of the work and become even as He is.
20) John:Behold, this is My doctrine, and I shall show other doctrine to those who come unto Me. Yea, whoso cometh unto Me shall speak with the tongues of Angels for they shall see and converse with Angels and shall speak to them as one man speaks to another. Yea, this is My doctrine and there shall be no other doctrine of baptism given except to those with whom, in my own time, I do make My abode.
21) John:The sacrament of the Lord’s supper is an important ordinance in the preparatory priesthood. Both men and women whom the Lord has called and set apart through the administration of the Holy Ghost may officiate in the performing of this ordinance for other people. Mothers and Fathers perform this ordinance in the home. The Peli direct this ordinance and men and women of the household of faith administer it to the congregation. The manner in which it should be administered is found in the Record of Ougou.
22) John:Ougou 1: 104 – 109 Then Jesus asked us to bring bread and wine to Him. And He broke the bread and blessed it and passed it to us to partake, saying: Ye who take up the bread to bless it shalt break the bread in this manner and give it to the people. And when ye bless the bread ye shall lift up your voice saying:
Oh Eternal Father, we ask You, in Jesus’ name, to bless this bread and sanctify it unto us who partake of it. That we may eat it in remembrance of the body of your Son, whose heart was broken because of His own, who was pierced for the sins of all the world; that we may witness unto You, oh Father, that we desire to take His name unto ourselves, and remember Him, and follow His teachings which we have received of Him, that we may be worthy of the Baptism of His Spirit and of the Holy Ghost, Amen.
23) John:And He commanded the Twelve and myself to go and do likewise. Then, when we had returned, he took the wine and poured it and blessed it saying: Ye who take up the wine to bless it shall pour the wine in this manner and give it to the people. And when ye bless the wine ye shall lift up your voice saying:
Oh Eternal Father, we ask you in Jesus’ name, to bless this wine and sanctify it unto us who drink of it. That we may drink it in remembrance of the blood of your Son, which flowed from every pore when He took upon Himself all things, and which spilled out from Him when He hung upon the tree; that we do witness unto you, oh Father, that we do remember Him and have taken His name. Pour down the unquenchable fire to be in us! Amen!
24) Peter:We now admonish you to go and meditate upon the things you have learned and to seek the confirmation of the Holy Ghost regarding the instruction.
25) Narrator:Again Adam and Eve kneel at the altar they have erected to sing thanksgiving to the Creator. While they were thus employed, Satan, disguised in the form of a wise old counselor, scratched upon the Lodge flap. Adam opened the flap and the old one greeted him. Thinking him to be a visiting teacher, they courteously invite him into the Thanksgiving Lodge.
26) Satan:What do you want? You sang to the Grandfathers and I am answering.
27) Adam:We have received gifts and sang our thanks.
28) Eve:The Sacred Animals have spoken to us and now we seek the Creator.
29) Satan:Look at what your sons and daughters do. The stronger men gather all the young women, their sisters, daughters, and granddaughters, to their own Lodges to make wives of them.
30) Narrator:Then Adam counseled with his sons.
31) Adam:This thing is not right unless the Creator Himself commands it. You men have not sought the presence of the Creator. From whom, then, have you received this practice?
32) Mob:The Old One is wise. He has taught us this wise thing.
33) Adam:Satan has flattered you. This thing is not wise. You do it only to gratify yourselves so that you do not have to control your passions. No good can come of it. Do you not see that God has given us a pattern. We call His name Elohim Heavenly Father and the Mother we call Elohim Heavenly Mother. It is not Elohim Heavenly Father and many mothers.
34) Mob:You are foolish, and follow a foolish path. Soon you will not be strong and you will lose your place among us. The Old One has shown us how the strong survive and you should also listen to him and obey his counsel. He has taught us that there is only one truth and only one way. By following this way in strict obedience to the voice of the Old One, we will be strong, and we will rule the Earth.
35) Adam:You will bring suffering upon all the people. If this is strength and wisdom, then let me remain forever weak and stupid.
36) Narrator:Then many saw the error of the thing that Satan had taught them and they turned to the Lodge of Adam and Eve and began again to give thanks at the Sacred Hearth. But the majority followed the way of the world.
37) Narrator:Then did many of the younger men become angry because there were not enough women for all to take to wife, because of the wickedness of the way of Satan, and they separated themselves from among the people. After that every young man who could not find a wife because they were all given in marriage to the stronger men, joined the Lodge of the young men and lived apart from the people. They also listened to Satan and he was often seen scurrying back and forth between the Lodges of the mighty men and of the young men. The young men began to accuse Satan because they were alone and they
found fault with him.
38) Satan:You are foolish, you young men. The strong are made to dominate the weak. You know this is the truth. You stronger men ought to satisfy yourselves as befitting the strong and you weaker men ought to submit yourselves as do women.
39) Narrator:Then the Lodge of the Young Men became a place ofevil and even Satan ceased to visit there. After some time, following the wicked counsel of Satan, many of the young men began to sicken and many died. Those that remained were very angry and they rose up in one body and made war upon the Lodges of the mighty. Because they were many and the mighty were caught alone with their wives, the angry young men came through them like a strong wind through willows and they killed the mighty men and took their wives to themselves. And all the children of the mighty they made their slaves to labor for them.
40) Satan:See. It is exactly as I taught you. Only the strong may rule.
41) Narrator:And they made Satan their Chief and called their Lodge the Snake Lodge. But, in all these things Adam and Eve kept aloof with all of their people and, because Adam was not considered a mighty man, the Snake Lodge People did not assail them. But all others did they torment until all of the mighty men were destroyed from off the face of the earth.
42) Elohim Heavenly Father:Jehovah, send Peter, James and John down once again to the man Adam and the woman Eve. Teach them the Law of Chastity and have them receive it by covenant. Instruct them to place the Robe of the Priesthood on the left shoulder preparatory to officiating in the ordinances of the higher order. Teach them the ordinances of the Priesthood after the Order of the Son of God. Give them the token whereby they may be reminded of the sacrifice of my Son. Then have them return and bring me word.
43) Jehovah:It shall be done, Elohim Heavenly Father. Peter, James and John, go down again to the Man and the Woman in the world we have created. Teach them the Law of Chastity and have them receive it by covenant. Instruct them to place the Robe of the Priesthood on the left shoulder preparatory to officiating in the ordinances of higher order. Teach them the ordinances of the Priesthood after the Order of the Son of God. Give them the token whereby they may be reminded of the sacrifice of my Son. Then return and bring Us word.
44) Peter:We will go down, Jehovah.
45) Peter:Adam, we are true messengers of the Father.
46) Adam:How may I know that you are true messengers? For, the old man you see running away told us that he was the oldest of this world and he has corrupted many souls with his teachings. How may we know that you are not the same as he?
47) Peter:You shall know by the things that we teach you. If the things that we teach bring about great good, and if the Holy Ghost testifies of the truthfulness of them to your heart, then you will know of a surety that we are true messengers from the Father. This is the token we gave you when we visited you before.
48) Narrator:Peter prays to the Sacred Directions.
49) Adam:That is right. These are true messengers of the Father. I exhort you to be instructed by them, and they will teach you the Thanksgiving Way. If you hear them and consider their words, subjecting all of them to the confirmation of the Holy Ghost, they will lead you in the ways of truth and righteousness.
50) Peter:Adam, you have been taught the Law of Sacrifice. Tell us your understanding of it.
51) Adam:Through much suffering, Eve does bear the children. Through her suffering our children do replenish the earth. She sacrifices not for her own sake, but for the sake of all living. This is the sacrifice that the Son of God will make for all people.
52) Peter:That is right. She by the gift of the Mother does magnify her calling, and she is greatly blessed with the gifts of the spirit because of her sacrifice for the sake of all living. For this reason, you did call her the Mother of all Living. For, she is after the similitude of your Mother which is in Heaven. The Law of Sacrifice is designed to teach you that you must learn to sacrifice as she does in order to progress in light and truth as she does.
53) Adam:It is hard for men to understand that they may sacrifice in the way of women, seeing that they may not bear children.
54) Peter:It is true that you may not bear children. But you may sacrifice still. The oblation you give upon the altar is like unto the sacrifice that the Creator will make for all people. You may also give of yourself in this manner and, with much prayer and fasting, become like Him. This is the Law of Sacrifice.
55) Adam:It is a good thing that we have been taught. Surely, we are blessed for having covenanted to obey this law. For, I cannot see any evil in becoming like the Creator. Neither can I see any evil in learning to give freely of myself, even as Eve does sacrifice her own body for the sake of all living.
56) Peter:It is good. If you and your posterity will always look to God for guidance, He will send messengers that will teach every generation the manner in which they may make this sacrifice. And if you and your posterity wish to become like the Creator, He will give you power and authority to do all those things that He would do, were He here to do them. And by learning to live this law, you shall progress from point to point by the sacrifice that you make for your neighbor. Yes, Adam, order upon order, line upon line, precept on precept, you shall learn and grow. You and Eve have covenanted to keep this law, and you have proven faithful in that covenant. We will now confer upon you the Priesthood after the Order of the Son of God. This priesthood has to do with the work which the Lord will ask you to do for all those who have progressed to that point where they may be admitted upon the Way. With it, you shall work for the benefit of the living as well as the dead. Will you submit to this ordination?
57) Adam:I will submit myself to it.
58) Narrator:Please kneel.
59) Peter:Adam, by the authority given to me by Jesus Christ, and by the commission I have received of Him, I confer upon you the Priesthood after the Order of the Son of God. By this priesthood you may say and do all those things which He would do were He here to do them. By this priesthood, He will make a marvelous work and a wonder through you and through your posterity. I do this in His name, for I am His servant. Amen.
60) Peter:Adam, you have received the priesthood which will be called the Priesthood after the Order of the Son of God, or the “Melchizedek Priesthood.” This order gives you authority to serve and prepare all those men and women who have progressed to that point where they may enter upon the Way and receive instruction from Angels and the spirits of just men and women made perfect by the Atonement. You will be instructed in certain ordinances, which will change from time to time according to the needs of your posterity. Place a robe over your left shoulder whenever you are officiating in the ordinances of this priesthood. At a certain time that will be shown to you hereafter, when you have learned all that you must through officiating in the ordinances of the priesthood, you will be instructed to place the robe on both shoulders.
61) Peter:Eve, you have already received the Priesthood in its wholeness and have no need of the conferring of the Orders of the Priesthood. Place the Robe of the Priesthood upon both shoulders whenever you officiate in the ordinances and oblations of this Order. Officiate in this priesthood with your husband and be a help mete for him.
62) Peter:We give you both the first token of the higher priesthood. This token will serve to remind you of the great sacrifice that the Son of God will make for the good of all living. You shall keep this token sacred and only use it in a time and manner that will be shown you.
63) Peter:We are also instructed to teach to you the Law of Chastity. Adam, for you and all the men of your posterity, this law means that you so dedicate yourselves to your wife that you covenant to have no sexual relations except with the woman whom God has given you to wed. Eve, for you and all the women of your posterity, this law means that you so dedicate yourselves to your husband that you covenant to have no sexual relations except with the husband whom God has given you.
64) Adam:I do now covenant, before God, Angels, and these witnesses, that I will obey the Law of Chastity and have no sexual relations with any woman except the wife whom God has given me to wed.
65) Eve:I do now covenant, before God, Angels, and these witnesses, that I will obey the Law of Chastity and have no sexual relations with any man except with the husband whom God has given me to wed.
66) Peter:That will do well enough.
67) Peter:All men present in this assembly should have received the High Priesthood by ordination. If there are any who have not had this priesthood conferred on them, you should adjourn now to another place and those who have the commission to do so will confer it upon you. Then you may continue.
68) Peter:We will now demonstrate the First Token of the High Priesthood. This is the token. The right hand is offered with fingers together and thumb extended. The token is given by taking the extended hand with the thumb on the outside of the hand and the index finger on the inside of the hand in the center of the palm. This is the Sign of the Nail and is intended to cause the giver of the token, as also the receiver, to contemplate the sacrifice of the Son of God, Who was hung upon the tree.
69) Peter:When Jesus was crucified, nails were driven through the center of the palm. This is the sign and the token. This token is to be kept sacred until a time and place specified hereafter, or in that instance in which the Holy Ghost prompts that it be utilized.
70) Peter:We desire all to receive it, all arise.
71) Peter:The ordinances of the High Priesthood include the administration of the Gift of the Holy Ghost, the ordinance of Marriage, and the ordinances of the High Place.
72) Peter:We will now take time to consider the Law of Chastity. Each of you should meditate upon the things you have learned and to seek the confirmation of the Holy Ghost regarding the instruction.
Break for Instruction
To be continued…